Big Opportunities In The Cannabis Genetics Sector
Cannabis breeding is an essential part of the industry, as it allows for the development of new strains and products that can be tailored to meet the needs of different consumers and patients. As the cannabis market continues to grow and evolve, so does the potential for genetics to play an even greater role in the industry.
In the embedded International Cannabis Business Conference Berlin 2023 panel video below, experts discuss the latest trends in cannabis genetics and explore the future of breeding, from identifying new traits to using CRISPR technology. Panelists also delve into the question of how human DNA and cannabis DNA might be connected, and what implications this could have for the future of the industry. Panelists include:
- Marcus Richardson (moderator) – Hashish aficionado and creator of Bubblebags
- Dave Auger – Commissioner, Big League Genetics
- Manny Dasilva – COO, Green Boyz Craft Israel
- Jameson Welbourn – Founder and Managing Director, The Banyan Tree
- Steven Tan – Principal Consultant, 4Plant
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin in 2024, as well as at our upcoming science and technology event in Slovenia this September!